BRyanton's D&D Forum

Our new play as you go D&D forum.


    Ryan's World Exploration

    Share
    avatar
    Quarok DM
    Admin

    Posts : 74
    Join date : 2012-01-31
    Age : 32

    Ryan's World Exploration

    Post  Quarok DM on Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:11 am

    Casius Flynn is a burly man with piercing, grey eyes and long blonde hair. He walks with a tremendous amount of confidence in himself, but always makes way for anyone crossing his path. He wears shining silver scalemail, sturdy leather boots, a silver symbol of St. Cuthbert, and a well honed longsword.
    He walks next to his pack mule Thatius into the City of Northcove Harbor. He is looking for a stables for Thatius and a place to rest his head after the long trek from Coveway Junction.
    avatar
    Sean (DM)

    Posts : 9
    Join date : 2012-02-22

    Re: Ryan's World Exploration

    Post  Sean (DM) on Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:43 am

    A small gathering of children has taken notice of your entrance into their home city and have started following you closely. They are led by a tall scrawny boy with messy copper hair who marvels at the sight of your gleaming armor. They do not make for very effective shadows as constantly giggle and whisper, some of the youngest ones mimicking your proud stride. The leader of the group, upon the urging of his comrades, tugs on the hem of your tunic.
    "Hey mister knight," the lad calls out as he tries the straighten himself up, his voice squeaking in adolescent protest,"is there somethin' you are looking for? I could show you around the city fer a little coin."
    avatar
    Quarok DM
    Admin

    Posts : 74
    Join date : 2012-01-31
    Age : 32

    Re: Ryan's World Exploration

    Post  Quarok DM on Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:47 am

    Flynn turns to the young man,
    "Hello there, young sir. I would be very appreciative if you would be so kind as to point me in the direction of the town stables and then to one of the nicer inns in town."
    Flynn drops 5 copper into the boy's hand and follows where he leads.
    avatar
    Sean (DM)

    Posts : 9
    Join date : 2012-02-22

    Re: Ryan's World Exploration

    Post  Sean (DM) on Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:56 am

    The boy's face lights up as he feels the coins fall into his palm. With a great beaming smile, he starts to march down the road to the town stables, his younger companions surrounding the Flynn and his mount as a buffer to the crowd. The procession reaches the stables and the lad hurries over to grab another fellow about his age. The stableboy takes the horse to a stall he had just finished mucking out and starts to tend to the mule. After giving plenty of orders of how the beast was to be looked after with the utmost care, the sandy-haired boy turns about and leads the throng onwards past merchant shops to the quieter area of town away from the bustle of the harbor and marketplace. The fellow and his followers lead Flynn to a building with a sign posted on the side, claiming the place as the Lily of the Sea.
    "This is the best place for a good man like yerself, the Lily treats her friends well." The boy smiles proudly for his efforts and gives a little bow. "The owner is an honest man by the name of Gerrod. Thanks again for yer generosity sir!"
    The children all quickly disperse in a hurry to spend a little of the coin their friend had earned as they bounce up and down making their way back to the marketplace. As you stand by the door to the inn, the delicious smells from within slip out into the streets accompanied by the delicate murmur of conversation within.

    ----------
    Cost of stabling your mount per day: 3 sp
    avatar
    Quarok DM
    Admin

    Posts : 74
    Join date : 2012-01-31
    Age : 32

    Re: Ryan's World Exploration

    Post  Quarok DM on Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:20 am

    Flynn tips his wide brimmed traveling hat at the children as they take their leave, then struts into the Lily of the Sea to procure a room for the night. He walks up to the innkeeper and asks,
    "My name is Casius Flynn and I have just arrived from Coveway Junction. I'm looking for a simple place to rest my head for a night or two. I do not need anything fancy, just a bed in a room that locks. Also, if you could point me in the direction of the smithy, I would be very grateful. My sword is in dire need of professional upkeep. If I want to land myself a job as a hired sword, it is important that that sword is in the best possible condition."
    avatar
    Sean (DM)

    Posts : 9
    Join date : 2012-02-22

    Re: Ryan's World Exploration

    Post  Sean (DM) on Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:06 am

    "Pleasure to have your custom Master Flynn." The human male across the counter from you smiles and offers his hand. "My name is Gerrod and I would be happy to offer you the accommodations that you are seeking. A simple room for a gentleman as yourself will be five silver pieces, or let me know if you prefer to pay in equivalent of the currency of the realm. Here is your key for the room, you will find it to be at the end of the hall on your right. My dear daughter Brigit here will show you to the room."
    A young half-elf lady looks up from a nearby table, where she is folding linens and happily humming to herself. She brushes her hair from her eyes and gathers the basket of linens as she beckons you to follow her. She leads you into your room and places some of the fresh linens into a wardrobe in your room. She turns and smiles as she faces you.
    "So you are a man of the blade, eh? Are you an honorable sellsword or are we going to have to worry about you filling our lives with danger and the like?" She gasps and holds a hand to her face, covering her mouth as she giggles,"I jest of course, one can obviously tell that you seem to be a good man. If you are looking for steady work within the town, the merchants in these parts often look for extra men to keep an eye on their investments or the harbor guard might take you on for a spell. If it is travel you seek, there is a local office for the Shipping Guild down by the docks and they always look for strong hardy people to help guard their caravans and boats while they travel. If you are looking to maintain your weapon, your best choice of smiths would be my brother back towards the center of town. He works under Master Kendigs at the Keen Coals. Just ask for Fergus and he will be sure to bring your weapon back to its prime. I will be downstairs should you need anything else. Good day!"
    The lovely lass curtseys slightly and leaves to distribute the remaining linens to the other rooms and closets before returning downstairs.
    avatar
    Quarok DM
    Admin

    Posts : 74
    Join date : 2012-01-31
    Age : 32

    Re: Ryan's World Exploration

    Post  Quarok DM on Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:07 pm

    Flynn tips his hat at Gerrod, drops a silver coin on the counter, and heads upstairs to drop his traveling pack. Once inside the room, he carefully removes his scalemail, places it under the bed, and dons his white robe with the silver threaded inlay of St. Cuthbert. After re-attaching his sword to his belt, Flynn exits and locks his room, and heads off toward the smithy. Following Gerrod's directions, Flynn easily spots the large stone building with the tell-tale smell of burning coal coming from it. He walks up to the counter at the Keen Coals and says,
    "Gerrod sent me. Is Fergus available? I was told he was the man to talk to about truing up my blade's edge. It has seen me through many a dark day, but I fear it is not nearly as keen as it once was. I would like it brought back to the best possible condition, and if there is time I would like to ask a few questions regarding the town as well."
    avatar
    Sean (DM)

    Posts : 9
    Join date : 2012-02-22

    Re: Ryan's World Exploration

    Post  Sean (DM) on Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:03 am

    The older man nods and steps over to the forge to a young half-elf male who was working the bellows. The younger man steps up to counter to take the sword in his hands, looking over the blade very closely.
    "Aye I can tell that this weapon has served you well! I can bring the edge of it back to a fearsome state and with any luck it should stand up to the toughest opponents. It will be a pleasure to do my best work on such an admirable and sturdy sword as this. You are welcome to stay and ask any questions you might have while I work." Fergus takes the blade and works his craft with strength and care, nodding over at Casius. "You say you are looking for information? What does a fellow like you need to know?"
    avatar
    Quarok DM
    Admin

    Posts : 74
    Join date : 2012-01-31
    Age : 32

    Re: Ryan's World Exploration

    Post  Quarok DM on Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:46 pm

    Flynn stares in awe of how deftly Fergus works on the blade.
    "I was just curious as to the state of things in this land. I have been a hired sword for as long as I can remember, and I wanted to set my sights on a way to do good with my skills and not simply follow orders coming from the highest bidder. I have seen my fair share of death on the battlefield and I need to know that it means something in the bigger scheme of things."
    Flynn takes a deep breath.
    "I have decided to offer my sword in protection of those who are striving to better this world. I was wondering if you knew of anyone who has been upsetting the corruption with their desire to make positive changes, someone who might need the aide of someone like myself."

    Sponsored content

    Re: Ryan's World Exploration

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:05 pm