BRyanton's D&D Forum

Our new play as you go D&D forum.


    A Fork in the Road

    Share
    avatar
    Quarok DM
    Admin

    Posts : 74
    Join date : 2012-01-31
    Age : 32

    Re: A Fork in the Road

    Post  Quarok DM on Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:20 pm

    Eitri-
    Wilomine grabs a pitcher and tops off your bucket with ale.
    "Thank you kindly, master dwarf."
    ----------
    Take 100xp
    avatar
    michaelb

    Posts : 12
    Join date : 2012-02-02

    Re: A Fork in the Road

    Post  michaelb on Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:49 am

    I hand the woman two silver coins, nod, and walk up the stairs to my room. I slide one bed against the other with ease. I take the few possessions I have tucked away in the folds of my clothing and lay them out on the bed. The siangham I place under a pillow, along with a tattered, musty book. I place everything else on the floor and stretch out diagonally across the beds, prepared to fall into a light sleep.
    avatar
    Quarok DM
    Admin

    Posts : 74
    Join date : 2012-01-31
    Age : 32

    Re: A Fork in the Road

    Post  Quarok DM on Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:17 pm

    Jasper-
    When you arrive in your room, you find the air is scented like blooming jasmine and Wilomine's wife is lighting rose tinted candles by the bed in the nude.
    avatar
    Brenton
    Admin

    Posts : 19
    Join date : 2012-01-31

    Re: A Fork in the Road

    Post  Brenton on Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:35 pm

    Let me be honest with myself. This is not the first naked woman to grace my presence and my baton has made quite a bit of music with the female vocalists, but that was all in the college. All the womenfolk there were aspiring bards like myself and understood the euphoria of intimate companionship. It was only natural that the bards college was a veritable brothel. I had heard stories of famous bards of old that would woo enemies into their beds with a single song and the townsfolk of all races and genders would look at them with a ferocious desire, but this is the first time out in the world that my skills of seduction and musical ability have lured a lady, especially one as lovely as this, to my bed. Honestly I am shocked to see her, but my face remains calm as I close the door behind me and place my pack and mandolin in the closet as if my room were empty. Then I make my way over to Willomine's wife, taking in her exquisite shape which seems to have transformed into the body of a younger woman. I can only imagine it is because this kind of excitement she has not had in many a winter. Now I like Willomine. He was kind to me at the bar, but this is happening right now! I weigh in my head the options that I'm doing something stupid and that I'll get away from this cleanly...and I go ahead with it anyway. I lay her down on my bed and whisper in her ear "Your melody can be on top this night."

    Seduction = 20
    Perform = 16


    _________________
    Jasper Windsong
    Human
    Level 1 Bard
    Chaotic Neutral
    AC: 15 Touch: 12 Flat Footed: 13
    avatar
    Porkchops

    Posts : 10
    Join date : 2012-02-02

    Re: A Fork in the Road

    Post  Porkchops on Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:29 am

    Inwe walks to the fire where the dwarf is about to go to sleep.

    "Do you mind if i sit on the floor next to the fire? I need to do my meditation. I'll try not to wake you when I am finished. I'll be up and about fairly early. There are some flowers outside that need smelling." Inwe says with a very large smile on her face. Without waiting for a response she sits down. She closes her eyes, hums for a few seconds before becoming completely still as she stays for some time.
    avatar
    Quarok DM
    Admin

    Posts : 74
    Join date : 2012-01-31
    Age : 32

    Re: A Fork in the Road

    Post  Quarok DM on Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:53 pm

    Jasper-
    Willomine's wife grabs you by the shirt and pulls you towards her so roughly that the buttons pop off your garment. She kisses you deeply and throws you down on the bed and begins disrobing you without using her hands.
    avatar
    Quarok DM
    Admin

    Posts : 74
    Join date : 2012-01-31
    Age : 32

    Re: A Fork in the Road

    Post  Quarok DM on Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:55 pm

    The chill night passes slowly and without incident outside of Jasper's bedroom. At the break of dawn, Willomine crawls out of his half empty double bed and staggers sleepily downstairs to milk the cows and bake bread for breakfast.
    avatar
    Sean

    Posts : 16
    Join date : 2012-02-02
    Age : 33

    Re: A Fork in the Road

    Post  Sean on Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:03 pm

    Sprawled across the chair, Eitri rests contentedly. Through the night and despite being asleep, he managed to end up wearing his bucket on his head and the blanket across his shoulders like a cape. In his hands he holds his sledge, completing the image of some sort of slovenly sovereign of squalor. His snores reverberate in his bucket, which covers all his face save his mouth. He whispers in his sleep and kisses his sledge before turning over to return to snoring.
    avatar
    Brenton
    Admin

    Posts : 19
    Join date : 2012-01-31

    Re: A Fork in the Road

    Post  Brenton on Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:43 am

    After quite an acrobatic night I wake up surprisingly rested. Willomine's wife however is not moving. The first thought in my head is that I satisfied her to death, but as I look more closely I can see her chest gently moving in the morning light. I wonder briefly if Willomine will find her there, but I lose interest before taking any action. I strut downstairs to find Willomine making breakfast. I take a seat by him and say, "My dear Willomine, in all my travels thus far in my short life, no Inn has ever been more hospitable, welcoming and memorable as your own. If I might, I would take a meal for the road. Now if you were a marvelous seeker of adventure, which is know is a stretch for you to imagine, where would you go to begin the next chapter in your epic?"


    _________________
    Jasper Windsong
    Human
    Level 1 Bard
    Chaotic Neutral
    AC: 15 Touch: 12 Flat Footed: 13
    avatar
    Quarok DM
    Admin

    Posts : 74
    Join date : 2012-01-31
    Age : 32

    Re: A Fork in the Road

    Post  Quarok DM on Tue May 15, 2012 2:41 pm

    Anyone who succeeds a listen check DC 17 is made aware of hurried footsteps and alarmed voices coming from the center of town.
    Anyone who succeeds a spot check DC 19 notices a light haze at the windows as if by fog, smoke, or steam.
    avatar
    Sean

    Posts : 16
    Join date : 2012-02-02
    Age : 33

    Re: A Fork in the Road

    Post  Sean on Tue May 15, 2012 11:17 pm

    Eitri belches as he shifts in his sleep, but running out of space, rolls off his chair in a most ungraceful manner. Yawning, he pulls the bucket off his head and rubs his bleary eyes. His ears perk up at the sound of the commotion outside and shuffles over to the door, scratching himself as he steps outside. He mutters to himself,
    "Who let the dogs out?"

    (Listen Check 18, Spot Check 5)
    avatar
    Quarok DM
    Admin

    Posts : 74
    Join date : 2012-01-31
    Age : 32

    Re: A Fork in the Road

    Post  Quarok DM on Thu May 17, 2012 10:28 am

    Eitri-
    As you step out of the front door, you are greeted with the delightful smell of a barbecue and the horrifying sight of the local stables blazing brightly. The local guards are out in force and Cleric Augustine is standing with his foot placed firmly on the chest of a man in black leather armor who is lying on the ground, squirming uncomfortably.
    avatar
    Sean

    Posts : 16
    Join date : 2012-02-02
    Age : 33

    Re: A Fork in the Road

    Post  Sean on Tue May 29, 2012 2:22 pm

    Looking about with heavy-lidded eyes, the entirety of the scene around him takes a couple seconds to sink in. With achieving awareness of the waking world and the chaotic scene, Eitri dashes back in to reclaim his belongings. He calls over to Willomine:
    "Best to see to yer kin and property master barkeep! There is some foul play outside from the looks of it. That big fellow Augustine is out with the local guard and someone has set fire to the stables! Keep me breakfast warm for I am sure to be a bit hungry after this excitement!"
    Eitri hurries out the door, his pack noisily slapping against his back as its contents bounced about. He runs over to where the cleric is pinning down the fellow garbed in black.
    "Well, now! Seems like you have quite a lively town here brother! Are you in need of assistance? Or perhaps the gent beneath yer boot? Be more than happy to hear his troubles and set him back on the path of righteousness if he has erred."
    avatar
    michaelb

    Posts : 12
    Join date : 2012-02-02

    Re: A Fork in the Road

    Post  michaelb on Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:17 am

    *listen check=7 (fails)*
    *spot check =14 (fails)*

    I awake - slowly. This town already drains me of my concentration. I moved the beds apart while I tossed in my sleep and my possessions became scattered about the floor. I wonder for a moment if a thief may have entered - but no. I could not have slept that soundly, and it takes only a quick inventory to count everything I own. I gather my things, rearrange the beds, and sit in the center of the room for my morning meditation.

    As I try to calm my mind a thought keeps disrupting me - something about this town does not sit well with me. I must leave soon.
    avatar
    michaelb

    Posts : 12
    Join date : 2012-02-02

    Re: A Fork in the Road

    Post  michaelb on Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:50 pm

    After some time, I open my eyes. I am still here. Not just my body in this room, but my mind, stuck in this disquieting place. Something needs to be done, and the morning is quickly passing. And I am hungry.

    As usual.

    I walk downstairs to the main room and look about to see who is present.
    avatar
    Quarok DM
    Admin

    Posts : 74
    Join date : 2012-01-31
    Age : 32

    Re: A Fork in the Road

    Post  Quarok DM on Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:28 pm

    Kogan-
    Downstairs, you find the delightful smell of a good barbecue but oddly enough no sign of any barbecued food in the tavern. There is a large platter of breads with various berries and nuts baked inside and a steaming cauldron over the fire with a hearty stew bubbling away inside. As far as patrons go, however; there is not a soul to be found.
    ----------
    Take 100xp
    ----------
    Make a Listen Check DC 8
    Fail- You are too distracted by your hunger and the offering of breakfast to notice much of anything

    Succeed- You hear running footsteps, guards' armor rattling, and Cleric Augustine's angry commands for them to secure the perimeter of the town all coming from the slightly ajar front door.
    avatar
    Quarok DM
    Admin

    Posts : 74
    Join date : 2012-01-31
    Age : 32

    Re: A Fork in the Road

    Post  Quarok DM on Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:40 pm

    Eitri-
    Cleric Augustine sneers down at the man he has under his boot and addresses you without shifting his gaze.
    "This heathen here wears the black armor of the "Ordnung der Nacht," a small, but dangerous bandit gang that up until now has not been brave or foolish enough to venture this far south into the true human lands. They usually skulk around their dirty dens ambushing people on the roads between here and Ziril-Detan, the Dwarven capital city hidden in the roots of Mount Esper deep in the Stonehold Mountains."
    Augustine presses harder with his boot, enjoying watching his captive squirm beneath the pressure. The man in black armor moans in pain and looks pleadingly at you, but seems incapable of speech.
    ----------
    Take 100xp
    avatar
    Quarok DM
    Admin

    Posts : 74
    Join date : 2012-01-31
    Age : 32

    Re: A Fork in the Road

    Post  Quarok DM on Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:59 pm

    (takes place before Kogan arrives downstairs)
    Jasper-
    Willomine begins to answer your question, but is interrupted by the quick warnings of the dwarf Eitri. He pauses just as he is about to give you a response then looks through the front door, screams, "Gods, No! Our stables! Sarah, find your mother!" and runs our the front door toward the smoking stables.
    ----------
    Take 100xp
    avatar
    michaelb

    Posts : 12
    Join date : 2012-02-02

    Re: A Fork in the Road

    Post  michaelb on Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:35 pm

    *listen check=14*

    I hear a commotion coming from somewhere outside, loud voices and jangling metal. I begin to rush to a window to evaluate the situation, but hear a familiar voice and pause to focus. It is the cleric from the night before; he is commanding his soldiers to hold this town's border. To keep an attacking force out? Or to keep someone in? As I recall the events of last night, the talisman, the spell, I feel my anger rising.

    I close the open door to the tavern and, taking several pieces of bread, sit in a ready position facing the entrance. I strain my ears to hear if anyone else is up and about in the building. If violence comes this way, they will be unprepared.

    *listen check=16*
    avatar
    Sean

    Posts : 16
    Join date : 2012-02-02
    Age : 33

    Re: A Fork in the Road

    Post  Sean on Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:13 am

    Eitri furrows his brow and strokes his beard as he listens to Augustine. He looks down at the man dressed in black and shakes his head.
    "Ordnung der Nacht, eh? Might I ask a boon brother? I am no friend of those who would prey on the children of Moradin but I am sure that I may be able to get this soul make a confession and offer up some information in penance, perhaps something of value to even you."
    Eitri takes out a length of rope, coiling it in his hands. He looks down at the prone man and then back to Augustine.

    Sponsored content

    Re: A Fork in the Road

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:36 pm