BRyanton's D&D Forum

Our new play as you go D&D forum.


    A Fork in the Road

    Share
    avatar
    Quarok DM
    Admin

    Posts : 74
    Join date : 2012-01-31
    Age : 32

    Re: A Fork in the Road

    Post  Quarok DM on Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:00 am

    Kogan-
    The tavern you step into has a few lingering patrons who are laughing at some anecdote or joke that gets lost in the general dischordant noise. The barkeep looks up when he hears the door open and close, sees an orc standing there, and shoots a knowing glance at his wife. She catches his glance and calls to the daughters
    "Sarah, Michelle. It's time to get the washing done and get ready for bed. Get to the kitchen, mind me now."
    Wilomine, the barkeep, steps out from behind the bar and heads towards you. He nods his head and smiles cautiously at you as he stops a few feet away.
    "Good evening, sir. I just want to be frank with you. I have no problem having one of your kind in my tavern, but I can't speak for every one of me patrons. I keep the peace as best I can, but please for the sake of me daughters, try not to stir up more trouble than need be. If anyone seems to be gettin' on y'er bad side, just come get me and I'll see the peace gets kept."
    He takes a step back towards the bar, then pauses and turns back to you.
    "As a token of good faith, let me buy you a drink? What'll you have?"
    He walks back to the bar, and points at an empty stool on the other side of the bar from the patrons.
    avatar
    Quarok DM
    Admin

    Posts : 74
    Join date : 2012-01-31
    Age : 32

    Re: A Fork in the Road

    Post  Quarok DM on Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:39 am

    Jasper-
    The woman's eyes glisten as she listens to your song. As you near the end of it, you see her nails dig into the wood of the desk and she is gently rubbing herself against it and her eyes start half closing as her knees give out and she falls upon the stool with her back against the wall and her ample bosom is heaving. She grabs the key for the magister's suite and drops it on the desk in front of you.
    "As long as the rest of your songs are as good as that one, you can stay here as long as you want. I have the copy of that key, so I might pop in and see if there is any way I can repay you for that beautiful personal treat. I have to step out and maybe grab some fresh bloomers, but I can't wait to hear your grand performance."
    She stands up on shaky legs, and disappears into the kitchen before re-emerging with a more composed look on her still blushing face.
    avatar
    michaelb

    Posts : 12
    Join date : 2012-02-02

    Re: A Fork in the Road

    Post  michaelb on Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:47 am

    To the barkeep:

    I give a half-smile and gesture with an open palm, calling back to him. "My thanks. A simple ale will do." I take a seat in the stool he pointed out, and face the other patrons.

    Over the years I have grown used to the range of ways humans treat someone of my appearance. But I am far from familiar lands. I close my eyes and make a mental note to pay attention to the way these strangers judge me. Some days, my life depends on that awareness.
    avatar
    Brenton
    Admin

    Posts : 19
    Join date : 2012-01-31

    Re: A Fork in the Road

    Post  Brenton on Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:40 am

    To be honest with myself I am surprised at the power of my performance. Supremely satisfied, I scan the bar and notice the half-orc.

    "This. Is. Perfect." I mutter excitedly.

    I sneak up behind the half-orc to examine him more closely. Move Silently:18 and take out my journal and begin to write.

    "A towering figure enters the bar. Not quite beast, yet not quite a man either. Mouths go agape and the children are sent to their rooms. One can only imagine what compelled him to come here. The sense of imminent danger weighs heavily on all whose instincts drove them to have a drink this night."


    _________________
    Jasper Windsong
    Human
    Level 1 Bard
    Chaotic Neutral
    AC: 15 Touch: 12 Flat Footed: 13
    avatar
    Quarok DM
    Admin

    Posts : 74
    Join date : 2012-01-31
    Age : 32

    Re: A Fork in the Road

    Post  Quarok DM on Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:33 pm

    Gejjin-
    wilomine, the barkeep, keeps glancing over every few seconds and giving you little waves and smiles befitting a child of about five. Just when you think that he will never leave you alone, michelle drops an entire tray of ale tankards making a loud clatter. Wilomine runs over to assist her, leaving you to your own devices.
    ---------
    take 50xp
    avatar
    Quarok DM
    Admin

    Posts : 74
    Join date : 2012-01-31
    Age : 32

    Re: A Fork in the Road

    Post  Quarok DM on Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:36 pm

    kogan-
    wilomine slides you a double sized tankard of the house black ale and rolls his eyes amusedly as he sees Jasper sneak up behind you.
    avatar
    cadoc

    Posts : 17
    Join date : 2012-02-02

    Re: A Fork in the Road

    Post  cadoc on Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:43 pm

    Seeing my chance to get away, I quickly slide off of my chair and under the table. I then begin discretely making my way to the nearest table where people are sitting. *hide=20 move silently=25*
    avatar
    Quarok DM
    Admin

    Posts : 74
    Join date : 2012-01-31
    Age : 32

    Re: A Fork in the Road

    Post  Quarok DM on Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:52 pm

    Gejjin-
    the patrons at the next table are completely oblivious to your little body slinking from table to table towards them. When you get underneath their table, you have to keep avoiding their legs as they kick out at random intervals during their drunken storytelling and joking.
    (reflex check DC=13)
    avatar
    cadoc

    Posts : 17
    Join date : 2012-02-02

    Re: A Fork in the Road

    Post  cadoc on Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:09 pm

    *reflex=21* easily moving around the feet I move into position to rob the nearest patron. I delicately search his body looking for his coin purse. *sleight of hand=17*
    avatar
    Quarok DM
    Admin

    Posts : 74
    Join date : 2012-01-31
    Age : 32

    Re: A Fork in the Road

    Post  Quarok DM on Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:18 pm

    Gejjin-
    You avoid the casual gaze of Wilomine and the first patron doesn't feel your hands as you slip his purse from his belt and inside you find only 12 silver. It seems that he already drank away most of his money, but in the bottom of the bag is a thunderstone.
    with a great laugh, the two patrons stand up abruptly, knocking the table over and spilling a half tankard of black ale on your head.
    ----------
    take 50xp
    avatar
    cadoc

    Posts : 17
    Join date : 2012-02-02

    Re: A Fork in the Road

    Post  cadoc on Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:45 pm

    I slink back under the middle of the table and shake my head from side to side in an attempt to expel some of the ale from my hair. After removing as much ale as possible, I move over to the other patron at the table and get to work stealing his coin purse. *sleight of hand=18*
    avatar
    Quarok DM
    Admin

    Posts : 74
    Join date : 2012-01-31
    Age : 32

    Re: A Fork in the Road

    Post  Quarok DM on Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:03 pm

    Gejjin-
    You manage, once again, to relieve this man of his hard-earned cash. This man has been bumming drinks off the first man for most of the night, and has a total of 80 silver in his purse.
    -----------
    take 50xp
    avatar
    Quarok DM
    Admin

    Posts : 74
    Join date : 2012-01-31
    Age : 32

    Re: A Fork in the Road

    Post  Quarok DM on Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:08 pm

    Jasper-
    The bartender seems to be amused watching you strut around, though usually when people act like this in his tavern, they have had considerably more of the house ale. He did hear a few chords of the private show given to his wife, but was too busy to be completely aware of her reaction. Those few parts of the song that he caught have seemed to put him in a very good mood.
    ----------
    take 250xp
    avatar
    cadoc

    Posts : 17
    Join date : 2012-02-02

    Re: A Fork in the Road

    Post  cadoc on Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:14 pm

    After taking a brief moment to pat myself on the back for a job well done, I stealthily make my way to the next table.
    *hide=25 move silently=23*
    avatar
    michaelb

    Posts : 12
    Join date : 2012-02-02

    Re: A Fork in the Road

    Post  michaelb on Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:28 pm

    I watch the barkeep with amusement. His mood seems to be improving and, to his credit, he gave me a drink befitting someone my size. I relax my posture and survey the patrons, but their loud, drunken conversations do not interest me.
    avatar
    Quarok DM
    Admin

    Posts : 74
    Join date : 2012-01-31
    Age : 32

    Re: A Fork in the Road

    Post  Quarok DM on Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:34 pm

    Gejjin-
    The next table that has anyone at it is about fifteen feet away and is occupied by a beautiful, blonde elf who is casually sipping a glass of white wine. She seems to be occupied staring at a large orc who is sitting at the bar across the room.
    avatar
    Porkchops

    Posts : 10
    Join date : 2012-02-02

    Re: A Fork in the Road

    Post  Porkchops on Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:38 pm

    Inwe swings her legs about while sipping on the wine. She starts humming a song and giggles from time to time.
    avatar
    cadoc

    Posts : 17
    Join date : 2012-02-02

    Re: A Fork in the Road

    Post  cadoc on Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:22 am

    I pause for a moment and stare in awe at the radiant beauty in front of me. I begin to drool a bit and many unsavory thoughts run through my head before I able to snap out of it and refocus on the task at hand. I go about my business in the usual fashion but as my hand moves over her coin purse, I find that I am unable to stop there, my hand moves as if on its own until it rests on her breast. I give it a light squeeze. *sleight of hand= 18*
    avatar
    Porkchops

    Posts : 10
    Join date : 2012-02-02

    Re: A Fork in the Road

    Post  Porkchops on Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:45 am

    *spot check 18* "Eeeeeeeekkkkk, that little brat touched my dirty pillows and tried to take my money!" she yells out.
    avatar
    Brenton
    Admin

    Posts : 19
    Join date : 2012-01-31

    Re: A Fork in the Road

    Post  Brenton on Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:54 am

    Hearing this outcry I lose interest in the half orc and I scream "Foul play! A lady hath been wronged!"

    I run to her aid. "Don't worry you most beautiful creature. Point me to the direction of he who has taken advantage you!"


    _________________
    Jasper Windsong
    Human
    Level 1 Bard
    Chaotic Neutral
    AC: 15 Touch: 12 Flat Footed: 13
    avatar
    Porkchops

    Posts : 10
    Join date : 2012-02-02

    Re: A Fork in the Road

    Post  Porkchops on Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:57 am

    "It was that gross little thing!" she says pointing toward what appears to be a small man.
    avatar
    Brenton
    Admin

    Posts : 19
    Join date : 2012-01-31

    Re: A Fork in the Road

    Post  Brenton on Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:23 am

    "You were wronged by a child? Wait. That is no child! It's a small man! How lucky am I to have found this tavern today! Fear not young lady. By my honor I shall protect you."

    I turn to the patrons in the bar

    "Ladies and gentlemen, please look this way."

    I take out my mandolin

    "Check your pockets! Check your purses! A crime was committed this night!
    This small disturbed man has entered this town with your coin now locked in his sight!
    You all came here seeking solace through beer and now we must deal with this pest
    He's taking our drinks and whats more he now thinks it's okay to go touching her breast!
    So what will you do with this scum on your shoe, shall we grant to him a second chance?
    Or to jail do we throw this new man we don't know with the will of our fighting stance?

    What say you?"


    _________________
    Jasper Windsong
    Human
    Level 1 Bard
    Chaotic Neutral
    AC: 15 Touch: 12 Flat Footed: 13
    avatar
    Quarok DM
    Admin

    Posts : 74
    Join date : 2012-01-31
    Age : 32

    Re: A Fork in the Road

    Post  Quarok DM on Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:32 am

    Wilomine recognizes the little man with dawning comprehension and then runs for the door screaming,
    "Guards! Guards! We got a thief in my tavern! Come quick and arrest this man child!"
    avatar
    Quarok DM
    Admin

    Posts : 74
    Join date : 2012-01-31
    Age : 32

    Re: A Fork in the Road

    Post  Quarok DM on Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:45 am

    Gejjin-
    The two closest bar patrons lunge towards you to apprehend you for the guards, secretly hoping they will curry some favor with them for their show of vigilantism. But they collide with each other (Touch Checks 5, 12) and miss you completely.
    avatar
    cadoc

    Posts : 17
    Join date : 2012-02-02

    Re: A Fork in the Road

    Post  cadoc on Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:53 am

    I back up and put up my hands in a defensive gesture "Wait! I'm sorry fer all a the deception but I need the money ta take care a my sick brother. He's deathly ill an if I don't have the gold fer his medicine he could die." As I say the last part I start sobbing. *bluff= 11*

    Sponsored content

    Re: A Fork in the Road

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:05 pm